...post a list of links! The news has had a certain Gish gallop quality to it. I have a lot to say about it, but I'm not sure I have anything useful to say yet, and so I'm linking these for posterity's sake.
- Charlie Stross on his travel plans (hint: they're not going to involve visiting the United States for a while).
- Patrick Joseph with a list of the highlights from the first week of our unprecedented president.
- John Scalzi lays out his case for hope (or for despair-it's a pretty fine edge).
- Gizmodo with an extremely short menu of options for people who want secure telephones.
- Virginia's representative Dave Brat showing his knowledge of slang is equal to his understanding of women's issues.
- The SPLC describes what an honest investigation of voting issues would turn up (I wouldn't hold my breath).
- A convoy of Navy SEALS drove through Kentucky in otherwise unmarked vehicles flying Trump flags.
- Speaking of SEALS, the President sent them into action 'without sufficient intelligence.' Should we be expecting Benghazi-ish hearings? Um...wouldn't bet on it.
- The new President, being as presidential as he can, uses the national prayer breakfast to mock Arnold Schwarzenegger. If you click the link, please be sure to watch Arnold's response.
And now, some Ted Leo to close out. Put on your boots and march.